One of the bloggers I follow (waves to Jamie at Live To Write – Write To Live) posted a photo of her writershelf, and I thought it was cute. Even her cat. (Don’t tell my dog Harley, okay?) Well, all I have is one bookcase, but I think it’s interesting. It is a mix of DIY, fiction, writing books, and did I mention fiction? Speculative fiction, horror, humor, fantasy, a couple collections of short stories, old books (pre-1970) that we’ve collected, and a mish-mash of books on tea, knitting, crystals, herbs and homesteading. It’s a crazy only-slightly-organized mess, but here it is.
1) The top shelf is a combination of reference, writing manuals, fantasy (Piers Anthony, J.R.R Tolkien, Marion Zimmer Bradley), science fiction (Arthur C. Clarke) and lesbian fiction (Lori Lake, Radclyffe, J.P Mercer) and one lone Dean Koontz book.
2) Second shelf is a combination of manuals, fantasy, crime (Kathy Reichs), short story collections, and more reference.
3) Third shelf is a hodge-podge of homesteading, fantasy (more M.Z.B), dystopian end-of-the-world stuff (A. American), more spec-fic, gardening, quilting (Jennifer Chiaverini) knitting (Yarn Harlot) and crochet.
4) Even more reference on DIY, preserving, more lesbian fiction (behind the stack of fantasy), more fantasy over to the right and more reference books.
5) This is the shelf you can’t see because I couldn’t get it all in the photo without showing you messy stuff in the room. On this shelf is almost all of the Harry Potter series (I’m missing one measley book!), quite a few Patricia Cornwell books, more crime by J.D Robb, more Dean Koontz and Stephen King.
Now it’s your turn. What’s on your shelves?
As always, if you enjoy this post, please follow and tell your friends! Let me know in the comments what you’re reading. If you have a blog…tag! Share a picture of your bookshelves!